Meet at 25 St Augustine’s road at 8:30
The route will take us through Patrixbourne, Adisham, Ratling, skirting Nonington, Tilmanstone, Little Mongeham, Ripple to Walmer Castle.
Approximately 17 miles. Here is a .gpx file of the route.
Please bring a packed lunch/picnic, especially as we’re doing 17 miles. The weather is set fair at the moment.
To get back to Canterbury we can either return by bus or train. We can decide when we get to Walmer.
Bus routes back are the 12 and 15 both via Dover. The 12 takes about 45 minutes, and the 15 a bit over an hour.
- Bus 12 leaves at 14:22, then not until 17:22
- Bus 15 leaves at 14:34, 15:14, 15:34, 16:21, 16:49
Trains from Walmer Station leave at the following times.
- 15:34 via Dover takes 40 mins
- 15:43 takes 1h 4mins (similar to the bus)
- 16:35 via Dover takes 43 mins
Cost is £5.20 with Dead Person’s Railcard
Here is our route
En route near Elham last week